September 10, 2009

is common really the best word for it?

i'm afraid of violent reactions. i'm afraid of pain. i daydream about strangers completely freaking out on me. i sometimes imagine customers smashing my face through a display case. i fear normal people on the street will become suddenly outraged and push me down to the sidewalk for passing them too quickly.

i'm scared of these things because i constantly talk down to everyone. maybe, subconsciously, i feel i need a punch in the fucking throat.

i don't want to be like this. i don't want to be afraid of your reactions.
i just need you all to be a little less moronic so we can simply speak like fully formed human beings. i'm tired of trying to explain myself to your lifeless, empty eyes.

read a book. eat a salad. smoke a joint. get laid. get your goddamn shit together then, get back to me. get back to earth.


2 comments:

starheadboy said...

I feel the same way, I'm always waiting for someone to flip out on my.. I work part-time in a customer service job.. I can feel the anger in a lot of people.
That anger that is just under the surface, it's sad.
It's sad that so many are so angry and quick to be consumed by it.

BROOKE MANNING said...

YES