May 25, 2010

it smells like campfire and cornmeal

man, a lot of birthdays this month. three of them had fireworks (if you count queen victoria as a friend) and two occurred on a long weekend. my store, for whatever reason, was open on the holiday monday so i wasn't able to get three-night-hammered... bummer. i did, however, witness a four alarm fire just a couple doors down from my apartment. i swear to god there's like a fucking bat signal that goes off as soon as any sort of disaster happens. the photographers were out in droves. soooo many nice cameras outside my window, many in hands of the inept. morons with money make me jealous.

in other news, we made pizza again! i'm really getting the hang of the pizza stone thanks to some great online tips. (parchment under the pie makes it so much easier to get into the oven and after five minutes the browned paper slips right out) there is a place on the east side of town that serves their pizza with an egg or two cracked on top. we were always curious about it and could resist the urge no longer! (in posting this i found a name for such a creation - pizza bismark) i chopped up montreal smoked meat for the top, cracked an egg in the middle, dressed the finished pizza with lemony arugula and never looked back. so, so good. we'll definitely make it again. perhaps for breakfast next time?



6 comments:

Tobeystrashortreasure said...

The pizza looks yummy, but I am still on an egg ban, since the Samonella thing. You have inspired me to rejuvinate my domestic side and now that we finally have our own place, I am going to make homemade jam and salsa. If it turns out I will bring some down to you in June. I have been busy renovating the kitchen and planting flower beds, but i hear we are getting some rain this weekend, so maybe a good time for kitchen stuff. love you guys tried calling but not having any luck reaching you, text me. xo Mom

precious said...

What a lovely pizza! I just can't get enough of it! I want some today!
kitchen table

Sarah said...

It's a Turkish pizza place right near Gerrard square...http://www.pizzapide.ca/index.html. Crazy pizza there man.

Sarah said...

Juuuuust realised right now, that you weren't asking what that place was. sorry.

STACEY MCCOOL said...

Sarah: have you eaten there? Are the pizzas boat shaped?

Sarah said...

I have yes - some are boat shaped and some are vagina shaped. There are some crazy toppings, and when you are looking at the pictured menu, half the pizza's look the same! Just gotta roll the dice. i recall it being pretty tasty.